Wednesday, April 13, 2016

blog 9

"Innovation comes with a cost and consumption"

In addition to content being so diverse, there's also stylistic variations as far as speaking patterns goes while vlogging.

When vloggers first became popular, I remember it would take a bit of time for them to respond to news-worthy events (if at all).

I don't agree that time-restrained videos such as Snapchat or Vine are in the same category as vlogging.

The MTV debate. Honestly, this one is so dense, yet it can be simplified to the issue of "sink or swim," in my opinion. The MTV issue mainly resulted due to music piracy issues. There's actually a pretty funny video that also discusses this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY (which I will also tweet). This was honestly an eye-opener for me because the generation that "ruined" MTV referenced in the video is my generation. And it is true that I am guilty of pirating music (I think I have mentioned this in an earlier blog; I used Limewire when I was 11). So when he says this, I feel like I am personally responsible for single-handedly destroying an entire channel's worth of programming. (Not at all dramatic.)

18 months sounds like a fair amount of time. And it is interesting to think that this can apply to non-technical avenues. Which i also agree with.

"Innovation comes with a cost and consumption"


No comments:

Post a Comment